Friday, October 16, 2009

Doctors Doctors Doctors.....and TRAFFIC! BLAH!

Today we had two appointments that we needed prior to surgery on Tuesday. 

The first with our pediatrician in Duluth at about 9am, everything is great with Soph and she took her flu shot like a champ....She pretty much rocks! Everything went well, no problems prior to surgery. YEAH!

Then we loaded up our car, REALLY loaded it, and headed off......well not before  I, Sarah, had all the toppings of a pizza slide off of our pizza that we were going to have for lunch! Should have taken a photo...it was ridiculous!!! Thank goodness Tanner has a sense of humor and just laughed at me :)

Soph did well on the car ride home....Mom and Dad...................not so much! The traffic was horrible in the TC!!!!!! 35 has construction all the way across town, which we had to travel across...or so we thought! Turns out we went all the way across town for no reason, we went to the wrong clinic!!!!! We actually passed the exit for the clinic we were supposed to be at, so we had to get back into the car and completely back-track...through all the traffic to meet our ENT.

ENT visit went well....they must have some psycho parents come to visit them, because they were apologizing to us for Sophia crying when the ENT had to look into her ear with a microscope and prior to doing that had to scrape all her carrots out of her ears first. The ENT even had Tanner look into her ear with him, and said "so you saw I did nothing that could have hurt her"....seriously? We know! Parents need to settle down when they go to the MD office I guess....so to all you parents out there...at the next MD appt. just breathe, it will make your child more relxed and the MD more relaxed with you and easier to talk with the MD! Sophia also had another tympanogram, I think it is like her 3rd and again showed that her eardrums are flat, L worse than R....the L was just a flat line = no good! Then we went into our "Hobbit Box" as Tanner calls it to have a behavioral hearing test done, the 2nd for Sophia......and WOW was it evident that she has very poor hearing in her left ear, and fair - poor hearing in her right ear. So, yeah for tubes!!!! 

It will be really interesting to see how Sophia does after all the surgery and re-cooperating! She will be like a whole new girl, well not really, but kinda! She will be able to hear better, which could equal speak more. She will be able to eat easier and actually eat from a normal nipple, and possibly even breastfeed for the first time ever! I am actually looking forward to that part, the breast feeding thing, when she was born and I did not get to do that I felt like I missed out on some good bonding time with Sophia, and really want to do it if only for a little while, you know like until she bites me with all those beautiful teeth that are coming in! :)

We are so grateful to our wonderful family and friends for all the prayers and support you have given us along the way and are going to be greedy and ask for continued prayers for a little while longer at least! For you peeps out there that like specifics Sophia's surgery is the 20th and we get there at 6am and I believe surgery is scheduled for 715-730, for both the palate repair and tube placement...so mark your calendars!!!!

On a completely different note Tanner has started his clinicals and really seems to like them so far, so.....yeah!!!! Oh and Tanner's Uncle was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and just had surgery today and is doing well, so any extra prayers you would like to send up for him would be greatly appreciated as well, see we are greedy for prayers :) 

Life is good and hectic, but hey it would be boring without a little stress right?

love and prayers to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you Lundy's! You are in both Joe and my prayers and thoughts. Good luck with surgery!! I'm excited to see Sohpia again. If you need a break or just want to talk, Sarah, just give me a call. I'm here to vent on too!! *S* Good luck, and I wish for nothing but the best.
    Erin and Joe

    ReplyDelete