So, we had our hopefully LAST check-up on the 29th of January. we do have one scheduled for the 6th of February if baby decides northern Minnesota is just too cold right now for it to want to come out :) I was dilated to 1, 40% effaced, and baby was at -1, but I think our baby likes to move a lot and is not there anymore (go towards the light!!). We will see what is to come.
I have had a few, "is this it?" moments in the past few days, one being this morning...how dod you know if your water breaks? They never tell you those things in great detail, but I am guessing you just know. Tanner and I think today, 2/2/09, is the actual due date from our figuring, but MD says 2 more days until the actual due date.....again who knows? :) If we do not make it into the hospital sometime today to have our child, we will go with the MD so as not to feel as though we are overdue :) I have had many patients tell me in the past two days that they do not believe they will see me the next day, but I just keep showing up :) Again, I think our child has a lot more patience right now than its mother and father!! We just want to see WHO it is!!!
Oh, my friend and coworker had her baby on my birthday, as predicted by moi! A beautiful little girl, Elsa Rose, via C-section. I was able to stop by the other day and talk to her and her husband, and see the baby. I told her I hope she was not right in picking our due date, like I was with her because she picked Valentine's day!
We have basically finished the nursery! Tanner and I went shopping to Target the other day to get sheets and some other essential items for our child and set up the room. Also, we received a lovely box o presents for the baby from Tanner's family with some more crib sheets and mattress pads and other essentials! SO nice! I will have to take some pictures soon to post on the blog of the updated nursery! Right now we are looking for a cheap, but nice glider and ottoman so I have somewhere to feed our child without having to brave our wood, slippery stairs in the middle of the night all bleary eyed....I have fallen down them twice before I was pregnant, so....yeah...we are trying to prevent that from happening with a child in my arms! My sister and her husband were nice enough to lend us their bassinet, which is SUPER nice of them! Oh, and I had a lovely baby shower with my mom's friends, and my friends, at my sister's house the other weekend....Thank you to all who came!!!
Well, we will keep you posted on what our child is deciding to do.....stay inside mom forever or finally come to greet the world and let us see who it is!!!
Thank you for all the prayers and keep them coming!!!!
Ahhh, so exciting! Know of my prayers for your family which is an absolutely amazing witness to living the Way :)
ReplyDelete